Merlion Virtual Airlines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunderstorm Alerts! Many flights canceled!

Go down

Thunderstorm Alerts! Many flights canceled! Empty Thunderstorm Alerts! Many flights canceled!

Post by omega95 Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:30 am

Recently, there has been a lot of rain and reported thunderstorms in South East Asia and yesterday, merlion1 faced heavy rains and visibility as low as 800 meter during landing which is too dangerous. Therefore, we request that you check the weather before you fly the flight. Just a few minutes ago, I arrived at Singapore form Tawau and Booked a flight to Hanoi but then I checked the "Pilot Brief" in merlion's website and this is what I got...

Thunderstorm Alerts! Many flights canceled! Selection_025

From the METAR, the visibility at Yangon (VYYY) is 9000 nm but there is a -TSRA flag which means "Thunder Storm and Rain"

You can also check the METAR here now:

Now, If you're a Trainee or CAT-I pilot, DO NOT FLY TO THE DESTINATION / CANCEL / DIVERT YOUR FLIGHT IF THERE IS A -RA FLAG OR -TSRA FLAG.

If you're CAT-II or higher, YOU CAN FLY IF IT'S JUST RAIN (-RA) but DO NOT FLY THERE / CANCEL / DIVERT YOUR FLIGHT IF THERE IS A -TSRA FLAG.

Thank you for your attention.
omega95
omega95
President
President

https://merlionvirtual.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down