Merlion Virtual Airlines Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merlion operations

2 posters

Go down

Merlion operations Empty Merlion operations

Post by dbelcham Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Let's preface this thread with two things:
1) I'm new here
2) My intention isn't to create strife, friction or a scene

I've noticed that while MIA has over 400 signed up pilots, the forum and the flight activity is, essentially, dead. There are no conversations about the airline in an manner at all.

Is MIA a dead airline at this time?

The last few (which also have been my first few) flights I've been taking the ATR 72 out. While it has definite quirks (for the life of me I can't get ILS to work), it has been starting to grow on me. To my surprise, when I logged in tonight to take a look at bidding a flight the only aircraft available to me (on non-charter flights) is the CRJ200....and only on North American routes. I have nothing against either constraint, except this: I'd rather fly a prop at this point in my skillset and I'd rather fly around Asia.

So what's up with the CRJ200 restriction for a CAT-I pilot who should also have, according to the Details page, access to the CRJ200LR and ATR-72?

Any info on those two things would be appreciated.

dbelcham

Back to top Go down

Merlion operations Empty Flightgear doesn't have much of a long-time active crowd...

Post by omega95 Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 pm

There are no conversations about the airline in an manner at all.

Actually, that's just on the Forum, our facebook group and pilotmail services seem to have a lot of activity.

Is MIA a dead airline at this time?

As far as I remember, it's always been alive (atleast the most alive in it's whole existance bounce )

So what's up with the CRJ200 restriction for a CAT-I pilot who should
also have, according to the Details page, access to the CRJ200LR and
ATR-72?

Well originally, a lot of people who start flying hte ATR-72 end up screwing up the flight, so we didn't want it to be available at the very beginning. As it is, you just need 10 hours to get from CAT-I to CAT-II where you'll get the ATR-72. And, because of your wonderful job on it, we can actually get it back down to CAT-I.

That's on our to-do list now... Surprised
omega95
omega95
President
President

https://merlionvirtual.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down